Thursday, January 12, 2006

tomorrow, i shall breathe

on friday i don't have to wear a tie. and i won't. it's not that i don't like ties, i'd just rather take a break from them for a day. overall, it will take a bit of getting used to.

my new job is going rather smoothly, i'm already doing a bit of work on a project, writing some of the back end functinos to connect to a virtual directory and pull information out in a 'white pages' format. mmmm... jsps and java... how tasty.

after dancing through flaming hoops, i have all of my setup stuffs done in relation to working on the base. i have my id cards, car pass, and lan account. now i just need a company labtop so i can check company mail (and take it home... tee hee). the lan account was by far the most difficult thing to get. it required 3 pints of yak's blood.

i think i'm blending in nicely. everyone i work with is a sarcastic cynic, so my wit fits right in. i'm keeping my more insane aspects of my psyche in check for the time being, no need to scar them. it will come out in time, i'm sure.

in the beginning of february, i'm being sent to an orientation with booz allen in d.c., and might stay an extra week for training on the sun enterprize server (i think). if so, i shall take lots of pretty pictures of all sorts of things. but only if i stay 2 weeks, since i would only have the weekend free to sightsee. my cat is so going to hate me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home