Saturday, January 28, 2006

i just gained one level of geek

i'm writing this post on my company laptop while sitting on my couch. setting up the wireless router was more of a pain than it should have been, but the root cause of my frustration seemed to be my inability to actually wait the 3 minutes required for the dhcp addresses to be assigned. if i hadn't gotten an email in the middle of a tech support call that was technically impossible for me to recieve, i'd still be haning upside down from my ceiling shouting curses to acient gods of times forgotten.

today marks one week of the the new couch, and i must say that the couch didn't turn out to be for me at all. the cat has laid a claim to the couch and he seems prepared to defend his right to the couch though pretty much any means. anyone that knows my cat understands the gravity of such a situtation. he is a very nice animal when he wishes to be, but white cat is one furball not to be triffled with.

last night, i had 2 very odd conversations. one was with some random guy that swore he knew me from somewhere. he turned out to be interesting enough, but that didn't drop the awkwardness. the second was at wal-mart last night, when i was getting the modem. i had a chat with some chick that i swear i know from somewhere. i have her narrowed down to 1 of 3, the problem being that the most likely of the 3 (from trying to get a visual match) is the least likely to have been able to identify me. i could tell that she definately knew who i was. so this is confusing enough. i should have just gotten drunk.

today, my quest is to find pajamas. insert your own joke here. then bite me.

i just realized that i haven't given a work update in a little while. it's going well. it's a sink or swim type place, in my first project, i'm working with a few things i've never really used a lot before, such as: jsps, javabeans, ldap, xml, xslt, javascript, and a pear tree. i like pears. in just over a week i'll be boarding an airplane heading to d.c. for training. this will be a hoot. in three days i get my first paycheck. that shout of joy that you hear will be me looking at it and being happy that i can pay my bills.

currently, my cat is sititng on the back of his couch. i look over at the table, and note a stuffed animal of a ferret. the reason i'm bothering to write this is that the two are in the same pose. i don't know who started it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home